About the Index
The 2023 CEIR Index Report is an established and trusted tool for exhibition industry professionals.
It is designed to be representative of the entire universe of business-to-business exhibitions in North America and includes geometrical averaging of the four component values – NSF, Exhibitor, Attendance and Revenue, predictions through 2025 and data tables that provide actual numbers for each metric in each sector.
Additionally, each of the further-defined 14 industry sectors allows organizers to compare their own show data to others in the same industry sector. Global Economic Consulting Associates, Inc. (GECA) provided the data analysis for the Index.
Industry sectors represented in the Index include:
- Business Services (BZ)
- Consumer Goods and Services (CG)
- Discretionary Consumer Goods and Services (CS)
- Education (ED)
- Food (FD)
- Financial, Legal and Real Estate (FN)
- Government (GV)
- Building, Construction, Home and Repair (HM)
- Industrial/Heavy Machinery and Finished Business Inputs (ID)
- Communications and Information Technology (IT)
- Medical and Health Care (MD)
- Raw Materials and Science (RM)
- Sporting Goods, Travel and Entertainment (ST)
- Transportation (TX)
Looking for additional insights?
The CEIR Census shows when and where B2B exhibitions are held. And for the first time, it also includes the distribution of exhibition metrics by sector and subsector. The composite Index for NSF and number of attendees provides a fuller picture of a B2B exhibition size and economic impact in listed cities and states.
These two reports together paint the picture of where event recovery is likely to be most active.