Predict: CEIR’s Annual Exhibition Industry Outlook Conference will be held 14-15 September 2017 at the Ritz Carlton in Washington, D.C. This executive-level invitation-only conference is a highly-intensive and interactive program focused on peer learning and information exchange that will help leaders in the industry to better respond and plan for the disruptors to the traditional exhibitions model, and how to remain relevant to their audiences.
Providing attendees with a holistic view of a variety of market forces affecting their industries and shows, CEIR has planned the 2017 Predict conference to address the continued uncertain business environment and changing market dynamics, with actionable insights into the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead.
Afternoon sessions will focus on the micro and macro environment and its likely impact on the exhibitions and events industry with sessions on:
- Fast-paced overview of macro and micro factors impacting the economy with Gregory Daco, Chief U.S. Economist with Oxford Economics;
- CEIR Index Overview with Allen Shaw, Ph. D., CEIR Economist and President of Global Economic Consulting Associates, Inc.; and
- Geopolitical risks and their potential impact with Iain Donald, Senior Partner at Control Risks.
Day two offers insightful and interactive sessions on:
- The Intersection of Science and Creativity; sponsored by Freeman featuring Sergei Gepshtein, Scientist, Director for Adaptive Sensory Technologies, the Salk Institute for Biological Studies and Haluk Kulin, Senior Vice President – Strategy & Data, FreemanXP;
- Actioning Insights NOW: Leveraging data to enhance the experience and deliver ROI, sponsored by GES;
- Roundtable Discussion: Developing a Workforce with 21st Century Skills facilitated by Robert Bierman, Principal, Tiny World Media; and
- Politics, Pop Culture & The Press – One Year Later with Robert Bierman, Principal, Tiny World Media and Brian Kelly, Editor and Chief Content Officer with U.S. News & World Report.
Visit the Predict website for complete session descriptions and speaker information. The housing deadline for the Ritz Carlton is 23 August 2017.
The 2017 CEIR Index Report provides an objective measure of the annual performance of the exhibition industry by measuring year-over-year changes in four key metrics: NSF of exhibit space sold, professional attendance, number of exhibiting companies and total event gross revenue. It details performance for 14 industry sectors and the overall industry using data from 2003 through 2016 with a predictive forecast through 2019. Purchase a copy of the 2017 CEIR Index Report here.
CEIR would like to thank this year’s sponsors of Predict:
Global Experience Specialists (GES)
International Association of Exhibitions and Events™ (IAEE)
Convention News Television (CNTV)
New Orleans Convention & Visitors Bureau
Orange County Convention Center
The Expo Group
Convention Data Services
Georgia World Congress Center
Oscar & Associates
The Center for Exhibition Industry Research (CEIR) serves to advance the growth, awareness and value of exhibitions and other face-to-face marketing events by producing and delivering knowledge-based research tools that enable stakeholder organizations to enhance their ability to meet current and emerging customer needs, improve their business performance and strengthen their competitive position. For additional information, visit www.ceir.org.