You are here
2018 How to Grow Attendance Series Report Two: Marketing Channel Mix and Other Tactics that Drive Growth
2018 How to Grow Attendance Series Report One: Planning and Goal Setting that Positions Efforts for Success
2018 How to Grow Attendance Series Report Three: Messaging that Resonates and Delivers
Report One documents the most popular approaches used by organizers for attendee marketing and pinpoints characteristics where attendee growth is achieved. This 18-page report inventories the following:
- Biggest challenges encountered in striving to grow attendance
- Breakout characteristics among those that grew attendance
- Planning process for defining a marketing campaign
- Which departments are involved
- Factors considered
- Goals set and used to evaluate the outcome of a campaign
- Metrics set and used to evaluate the outcome of a campaign
- Use of data analytics to help define a marketing campaign
- Use of dashboards to monitor a campaign while in progress
In addition to total results, this report identifies unique differences by event size and by type of business-to-business (B2B) exhibition organizer, association versus independent.
This is the first report in a four part series on growing attendance. This series offers a look at the most popular marketing approaches and, most importantly, which characteristics are tied to success in growing attendance.
By Marlys Arnold
This seven-page report covers content relating to:
- Definition of engagement;
- Discussion of the disconnect between what attendees want and what exhibitors are doing;
- Range of engagement opportunities to consider using in an exhibit booth; and
- Three case studies and other examples.
This report provides a profile of marketing practices among business-to-business exhibitors of all organizational sizes, from small to large.
Profile statistics include:
• Objectives for exhibiting and metrics used to evaluate success
• Marketing spend allocation across all marketing channels
• Number of exhibitions participated in from 2015 to 2017 and projections for 2018
• Typical booth sizes from 2015 to 2017 and projections for 2018
• Median spending estimate on a per exhibition basis