The CEIR Index Event Performance Analyzer (IEPA) is designed to provide organizers a benchmark for how their exhibition is performing against the CEIR Index metrics: Net Square Feet (NSF), Number of Exhibitors, Professional Attendance and Revenue. The IEPA also compares the exhibition versus the overall performance of the industry sector and the exhibition industry overall. There are 12 figures providing insights into various aspects of performance including:
- Exhibition’s share by metric
- CEIR Index for the exhibition, year-over-year percent change
- CEIR Index for the exhibition
- Exhibition’s performance versus the performance of the industry sector
- Exhibition’s performance versus the overall performance of the industry’s sector
- Exhibition’s NSF versus the sector’s NSF overall
- Exhibition’s number of exhibitors versus the sector’s number of exhibitors overall
- Exhibition’s attendance versus the sector’s attendance overall
- Exhibition’s revenue versus the sector’s revenue overall
- Year on Year % change:
- Exhibition’s NSF versus sector’s NSF
- Exhibition’s number of exhibitors versus sector’s number of exhibitors
- Exhibition’s number of attendees versus sector’s number of attendees
- Exhibition’s revenue versus sector’s revenue overall
The IEPA will provide insights for the past 10 years. For best results, at minimum, enter data for the four most recent years in which your events were held. Individual event information will not be shared by using the analyzer and CEIR will hold all information in strict confidence. Information will only be released in aggregate to be used for future Index and Census reports.
The reports gleaned from this tool will offer analytical insights for any show organizer as they develop their future event strategies.
CEIR appreciates the support of the Society of Independent Show Organizers (SISO) for its support in making this calculator possible.
Instructions for completion:
Select the sector of your event. To view the subsectors for each, see CEIR Index Subsectors.
- Net Exhibit Space: List total exhibit net square feet sold for the event, including space provided for non-cash consideration (does not include aisle space or meeting rooms).
- Total Exhibiting Companies at the Event: List number of companies and other organizations with exhibit space at your event, including exhibit space swapped or provided for other non-cash consideration.
- Total Professional Attendance at the Event: List the number of professionals attending your event. Exclude exhibiting company personnel, friends and family, staff, or other non-business attendees.
- Total Revenue of the Event: List the total revenue for your event from all sources: the sale of exhibit space, conference fees, advertising, sponsorships and all other revenue.
- You can save your work if you login.
We hope you find this new tool helpful. If you have any feedback, please contact CEIR.