Trade Show Economic Impact Calculator
CEIR is pleased to provide this innovative tool for exhibition organizers to use in calculating the economic impact of their exhibition(s) in the cities in which the event is held. The information generated will provide substantive information for use in communicating the value of your event to a wide variety of audiences including an organization's upper management, city where event is held as well as local and national government entities.
The calculator has been reviewed and endorsed by the International Association of Exhibitions and Events (IAEE) and the Society of Independent Show Organizers (SISO). Over time, the data generated in this calculator will provide the exhibitions industry with valuable information on what the overall industry’s impact is on a destination.
Instructions and Assumptions:
On the next page, answer each of the items to the best of your ability; even if if you do not have the information readily available. However, we recommend using the most complete and verified set of data to gain maximum use of the tool.
- For advertising revenue, include all advertising revenue regardless of source.
- For rent, include meeting space.
- For exhibitors and attendees not in the hotel block, it is based on zip code analysis and assumes that people traveling over 150 miles are booking hotel rooms for the run of the show.
- For exhibitors and attendees traveling between 50-150 miles, estimate they are staying in hotels for one night less than the run of the show.
- For exhibitors and attendees traveling within 50 miles, the assumption is they are day trippers.
- Where events do not have accurate records of exhibitor personnel, assumptions will be developed based on NSF.
- The average daily spend information needs to be provided by the convention and visitors bureau of each city. Please contact your sales representative for the information. This will ensure that all events in the same city will be compared on a consistent basis.
- Individual information will not be publicly shared.