The Center for Exhibition Industry Research (CEIR) announced today the release of the third report in its newest series for attendee marketers, How to Grow Attendance. Report Three: Messaging that Resonates and Delivers identifies the three primary ingredients of marketing messaging that help drive attendee growth.
“Report Two explains the importance of using an array of tactics that line up with a target audience’s media consumption preferences. Each prospect has their personal media consumption preferences. Part Three provides guidance on what to personalize in the messaging to enhance the chances of connecting with prospects and motivating them to attend,” said CEIR CEO Cathy Breden, CMP, CAE. “It is evident that personalizing messages must be top of mind for every attendee marketer when building a campaign for an event’s next edition.”
CEIR Senior Research Director, Nancy Drapeau, PRC notes, “This report is very focused, identifying which of 14 messaging tactics are found to be most effective in driving attendance. It also provides examples on how testing is used to help deploy messaging to strategic advantage.”
This eight-page report includes:
- Marketing messaging approaches – what is most popular and most effective in growing attendance
- Extent of use of testing to help guide decisions for:
- Email marketing decisions
- Online marketing decisions
- Commentary from marketing professionals on how they have applied these strategies
In addition to total results, this report identifies unique differences by geographic scope of an event and state of growth of business professionals in target sectors.
One additional report in the four-report series, the 2018 How to Grow Attendance Report Series will be published in the coming months. A full listing of reports follows:
- Part One: Planning and Goal Setting that Positions Efforts for Success
- Part Two: Marketing Channel Mix and Other Tactics that Drive Growth
- Part Three: Messaging that Resonates and Delivers
- Part Four: Plans on Where to Improve Approach in Near-term Future (coming soon)
EDPA, ESCA, IAEE, IAVM and SISO members can access the CEIR library and reports at no cost – a benefit of membership in these organizations.
The Center for Exhibition Industry Research (CEIR) serves to advance the growth, awareness and value of exhibitions and other face-to-face marketing events by producing and delivering knowledge-based research tools that enable stakeholder organizations to enhance their ability to meet current and emerging customer needs, improve their business performance and strengthen their competitive position. For additional information, visit www.ceir.org.